Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Posts Page

Notice of Ballot Measure

Notice is hereby given that a ballot title for a measure referred by the City of Union City Council has been filed with the Elections Officer of the City of Union, Oregon on July 29th, 2020.

Read More

City Charter for review…

The City of Union has been working diligently on its Charter over the past year. We are preparing it for the ballot in November and need your comments. (View below) You may also get a copy emailed or printed at City Hall by calling 541-562-5197. Please take a read, comment or ask questions. The last public hearing on the charter will be July 27, 2020. This is a very important document for your City Council as it lays out the general guidance in which the City can elect it’s members and guidelines toward what major decisions must come before the voters. Please feel free to share and spread the word. Thank you.

Apply to be a City Council Student Liaison 2020-2021

Students must be entering 11th grade and be available to attend monthly City Council Meetings. City Council meetings are held monthly, on the second Monday, at 6:00pm and the 4th Monday at 6:00pm.

The City will grant a $500 scholarship to the college the student will be attending at the completion of a successful term.

Applications can be picked up at City Hall by appointment, mailed, emailed or downloaded from link below…

Open Seats for Council & Mayor

For General Election: November 3rd, 2020


If your would like more information regarding the duties of an office, or the process of filing, call City Hall at 541-562-5197.

Candidate filing packets (forms and signature sheets) are available at City Hall, if you would like to pick one up please call to make an appointment or you can download the forms below.

Deadline for filing is Friday, August 10th. All filing paperwork must be returned to City hall.

Weed Enforcement & Right-of-ways within the City Limits


All that June rain has really caused those weeds and grass grow!!  Please remember that grass can be no taller than 10” and noxious weeds must be eliminated.  If you do get a letter notifying you that you have tall grass, noxious weeds or other ordinance violations, you have 10 days to come into compliance.  If you need additional time, please call the city ordinance officer to discuss possible extension.  Let’s work together to make Union a beautiful place to live.
Right-of-ways are the responsibility of property owners or tenants.  Right-of-ways are to be mowed and clear of debris. Per City ordinance, vehicles, trailers, boats, etc. parked on the right-of-way are not to be parked for more than 72 hours.  Non-operating vehicles cannot be stored on the right-of-way. Violations of this ordinance can  result in a fine

STILL TIME FOR…. 2nd round of Business Emergency Loan Applications are now being taken.

The City of Union Emergency Relief Loan (UERL) was established by the City of Union Council and Mayor in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.  During their April 27, 2020 special meeting, the Union City Council unanimously approved to make available $40,000 for Union Businesses that have been affected financially by the COVID-19 pandemic.  It was further discussed to allow the Mayor, Council President and City Administrator work up a plan to distribute these funds to our local businesses through a forgivable loan program.  The awards were directed to be of no more than $3,000 per business per round.  If after the first call for applications and awards that money remains, a business can again apply in a new round of funding. Receipt of a loan by an applicant in the first round of awards does not guarantee award of a loan in any subsequent round.  Loans awarded under this program are the personal obligation of the borrower and co-borrower (if applicable), who must sign a promissory note for the obligation.  Loans are available for only one (1) business per location.

The City of Union has now opened their second round of applications which will be due on June 19, 2020 by noon.  The forms and program details are attached here to fill out or you may fill in the electronic form.

Click here for application

Click here for program guidelines and application instructions

You can fill in the application, print, sign and attached the required documentation and drop it by City Hall prior to the due date.

Thank you for all you do and while the awards are small, Council does truly wish it could be more.  We look forward to your applications.  Should you have any questions, please call me at 541-562-5197.

Back to top